Our Senior Staff
Centinela's Chief Operations Officer and Personnel Director. Graduate Pepperdine University, Graziadio School of Business Management. Joseph joined us in December of 1993, and then became Operations Manager in 1999. He is responsible for hospital expansion and growth as well as human resources.
Office Manager and Head of Reception. Monique can help you handle any problems requiring appointments, staff scheduling, or supplies.
Chief of Technical Services. Mario is responsible for patient care and technical delivery
Skillful Service and Gentle Concern™
Dr. Lara Orme is a graduate of UC Davis and was a member of the Phi Zeta Honor Society. She received her certification for medical acupuncture from Colorado State University and is currently studying Herbology through the Chi Institute. She performs acupuncture, electroacupuncture, general medicine, nutritional therapy, homeopathy, Chinese medicine, surgery, and dentistry.
Richard Palmquist, DVM
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM), Colorado State University,
Current Professional Activities
• Centinela Animal Hospital, Inc, Inglewood, California, Director
of Integrative Health Services, AAHA
• American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association,
President, Research committee chair, Ethics committee and
Editorial committee member
• Veterinary Information Network (VIN) Alternative Medicine folder consultant
• Teaching and publishing in the field of homotoxicology, animal hospice, and
Past Professional Activities
• Co-author: Integrating Complementary Medicine Into Veterinary Practice,
• Author: Releasing Your Pet's Hidden Health Potential, 2009, soon to be
released on Amazon
• Independent Veterinary Alliance, co-founder and board member
• SCVMA, President and Program Chair Westside-Northbay Chapter
• CVMA member
• AVMA member
• Married and still madly in love with my vet school classmate.
Children and Pets
• Three children.
• Two dogs, three cats, two birds, one rabbit
• Scuba diving and anything involving water.
• Seek Truth and healing follows. Anything that accomplishes healing
is medicine and to this there is no alternative.
Dr. Kimberley Johnson graduated from UCLA with her Bachelor's Degree in 1987 Magna cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa. She has received numerous awards and scholarships. She worked for eight years as a Veterinarian Technician, and received her Doctoral of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) from UC Davis in 1999. She also achieved the Swedish version of a DVM degree "Legitimerad Veterinar" (Leg. Vet.) in 2005. She has worked in multiple animal hospitals and emergency facilities both in Los Angeles and in Sweden for the last eleven years. Internal medicine, Dermatology, "Pocket Pet" Medicine (rabbits, mice, guinea pigs, rats, hamsters, chinchillas, hedgehogs, and ferrets), Surgery, and Dentistry are some of her interests. She now lives in southern California with her husband, 10 year old twins, and pets.